Here is a simply 10-step guide to giving your Persian a bath:
On Ebay today
- Pre-bath manicure: Trim your cat's nails before the bath.
- Brush out the coat thoroughly. (This will mean less hair to clog up the drain!)
- Fill up the tub or basin with lukewarm water.
- Place your cat inside -- be gentle but firm
- Wet down the cat completely, but don't dunk the head!
- Using a shampoo that is specifically formuated for cats, apply generously to the body and get a good lather. (Be sure to follow whatever directions are on the bottle.)
- Completely rinse your cat making sure to remove all soapy residue.
- Dry out your cat's fur with a towel.
- Use a stainless steel cat comb to work out any tangles.
- As you blow dry, use low heat and continue to brush the fur. When the cat is completely dry, you're all done!